Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


So usually I see on peoples' blogs all the reasons why they love their family members on their birthdays but since I am the only blogger in this household I thought why not say why I love myself?  So here goes - 32 reasons why I am fabulous.


1 - I can paint my own toenails like nobody's business.  People will look at my toes and say, "oh your pedicure looks really good."  Nope, did it myself.

2 - I have good taste in men - Jay was a great pick.

3 - I love to clean.  I can turn on some good tunes and go to town on my toilets. (They usually need this due to all my boys bad aim)

4 - I can get really tan.

5 - I am awesome at popping zits. (if you don't believe me ask Wendi)

6 - I am not at all hairy.

7 - I am the treat lady - ask my neices and nephews.  Logan at one point wanted to live with me because of our stacked pantry.

8 - I have a fabulous sense of humor.  If you don't believe me read my blog:)

9 - I have a very pleasant phone voice.

10 - I am a good wife.  I make dinner at least once a week.

11 - I am a great daughter.  My Mom tells me everyday.

12 - I can sew a straight line.

13 - I am a fun mom.  My kids and I make up dances in the car.  We have to do something to pass all the time we spend in the car!

14 - I have a very keen sense of smell.  This has been a blessing and a curse.  Mostly a curse.

15 - I am a faithful exerciser. (It helps when someone pays you)

16 - I am fantastic at multitasking.  I can drive, talk on the phone, eat and yell at my kids all at the same time.

17 - I am obviously very efficient with my time.  This post is proof.

18 - I think I am a good mom.  No one has ever called CPS on me - yet.

19 - I am a good sister.  Not great, but good.

20 - I have a hearty appetite.  I can really chow down for a girl.

21 - I have a genuine concern for our economy.  I shop everyday.

22 - I am musical.  I of course could not dream to sing as well as my husband Jay but I can carry a tune.

23 - Did I mention I am funny?

24 - I am good with boys.  I figure I must be because God gave me 3 good ones.

25 - I got mad computer skills.

26 - I am really good at watching tv.  I can find something to watch even when there is nothing on.

27 - I am young at heart.  I could sit and watch Sponge Bob with my kids forever.  (that show is funny!)

28 - Mom - I promise I do more than watch tv - I also enjoy a good movie:-)

29 - I have nice feet.  In our family this is something special.

30 - My Mom says I have good style.  What she doesn't know is that I go to Buckle and buy the things the young sales girl tells me to.  

31 - I am a good at hitting the snooze button.  I can hit it up to 5 times before I actually get up!

32 - Are we there already?  32 years young.  I hope this next year is as good as this past one has been!  Thanks to all of you who made this day special for me!

 


15 comments:

Natalie said...

Natalie-hi, it's Natalie Perry from the gym. Not sure if you remember me, but I always loved coming to your classes. Have to admit, I'm a snooper! I was looking at Lori's blog, and had to snoop and see if "Natty" was really you! Anywho...happiest birthday! You look gorgeous! I loved the reverse post...I think it shows more personality and humor. How much would you charge to do my toes??? Totally kidding! come check out my website at www.anthonyandnatalie.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! Love this post- I have tears from crying from laughing so hard!! Hope you had a great day!

Kim said...

Ha! That was a good read. Natalie, you are a GREAT sister - and I can agree with your multitasking in #16 - I am pretty much apart of that one every day :) HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY!! I will get around to doing something for you soon...at least before you turn 41.

Shannon said...

That was fantastic Nat! I love your sense of humor :) Happy birthday!

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Hey Natalie-I came to visit your blog after checking Kim's. Happy Birthday! You are hilarious and wonderful! Loved your post!

Michelle Cherrington said...

I am laughing so hard right now!! You are too funny. I agree with all 32 things. And, there are many more for sure. Happy Birthday - we're getting old. :) It seems like it was only yesterday when we were so excited to turn 16. Now we're double that - ouch!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad in the AZ Desert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Natalie - quite an effort. Your unbelievable ego and great sense of humor are only outmatched by . . . well . . . me. However, this post will definitely move you into a solid #2 position in the annual "Funniest Person in the Family Award". Wendi was creeping up on you, but this will solidify your 2008 Silver Medal - just like those lousy US women gymnasts. I, however, will forever hold the gold medal - I am the Michael Phelps of the family, the 12 year old Chinese women gymnasts - I am the Dream Team.

I did especially love the comment about the feet - that one I laughed out loud.

By the way, the deleted comments were due to technical difficulties. Nothing inappropriate was written.

Anonymous said...

Very good post Natalie. You are a great sister. Thanks for all that you do for me and my family. Logan probably still would love to live with you! xoxo Happy Birthday!

The Godoy's said...

Hello there Natalie..Oh my gosh.. you made me laugh!!! I love your blog and your little boys!! Little Talon is so cute!!! I found your blog thru summers..I hope that ok!! You look great! I sure miss our crazy 3-4hr meetings!!!! Hope you are doing well!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

ok that was funny.. You def have a sense of humor.. You forgot to mention you are an excelent dancer.. I have seen you shake it up on the stage at the gym.. And you are always ON BEAT!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Summer said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you got my email sending you b-day wishes! Hope you had a great day! I have to say that the girl that posted the 1st comment (natalie perry) - I know her - she is the daughter of one of my mom's very good friends. So funny how small the world is. Plus my sister saw you at the gym. You are one popular girl!

Janel said...

What a cute post...I love it!!

Carolyn said...

Lol....this cracked me up. You are soooo dang funny!