Friday, August 8, 2008

Updates

So it has been awhile since I have posted anything so I thought I would just update what we have all been up to. It has been a good summer although I am ready for cooler temperatures and a little more structure in our lives. Jay is keeping busy with work as usual but the excitement in his life has tripled this summer as we said goodbye to the old tv. It has served us well but we are now entering the high definition world. So goodbye old friend...

and hello new friend! Jay researched and researched and decided that this was the best deal we could possibly get on a new tv so here it is just in time for the Olympics! (I have to admit I am pretty excited to watch gymnastics on it!) So Happy Birthday Jay oh and Merry Christmas and Happy every other holiday because this is it!



So what have I been up to this summer you ask? Well, besides my three crazy boys I have been working my tail off to lose my baby weight. I finally decided that the only way I could accomplish this was to eat healthy. Yuck. So Kim, no more QT donut runs for me (at least for this month). Funny story, Kim and I took the kids to McDonalds to play and I ordered a chicken wrap and yogurt parfait (probably not even that good for you) and Kim says, "so this is what we've come to eh?" Yes Kim, I am afraid so. It is working though, I have lost a couple of pounds and hope to lose a couple more this month. We shall see how good my willpower is.

The Boys - oh my crazy boys. This pretty much sums up Brockie right here - cool kid.

We have been spending a lot of time with our cousins trying to keep busy. So here are some pictures of the happenings. I love this picture of Brock and Taylor. I think they will love to hate each other.


It is so fun to watch Talon grow. He is very entertained by his brothers now and they can make him laugh which is very cute to watch. Here is the crazy thing - he just turned 4 months old and is almost crawling. It is the craziest thing ever. He gets up on his little feet and scoots all around. Just what this Mom needs - another crazy active little boy!

So here are my little goofballs - they are my biggest joy and my biggest challenge. One minute I want to squeeze their cute little faces and the next I want to strangle them! I guess that is how motherhood works. So it has been a fun summer but we are definitely looking forward to the fall - lots of fun stuff coming up. Halloween, a cruise, Disneyland and Christmas! It doesn't get better than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures Natalie - you are looking great. I guess it is 80% what you eat......

Kim said...

I have already had a QT donut today...long john actually...and then Matt and I bought Mother's Cookies. Fabulous - I am not doing so hot. Your post made me laugh though :)